Wednesday, August 27, 2008

God's People Revisited

Last Sabbath, I taught the "New to Messianic Judaism" Class at our synagogue, Gesher Shalom. The subject was "Who is God's People?" It was very well received.

I am creating a CD on this teaching. A number of people wanted the information. I have never did this before, but if it works, it will open doors to get the message out. If this works, I can also make a CD teaching on "Church History." I have received a number of requests for this information as well.

It is my prayer to build up a library of Messianic teachings in CD form. I am also considering creating a set of CD's covering the Parshas of the Torah by the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, and Deuteronomy. This process will allow people to hear the Word of God in their CD players instead of reading them in the "Scribe's Journal" newsletter. I will keep everyone up to date on my progress.

I have just completed the Parsha of Re'eh today. I still have to place it into the newsletter template and prepare it to go out by Thursday. This was a good Parsha. It discusses the choice you make on the Blessing or the Curse.

Have you ever seen the old TV series, "Kung Fu" which ran between 1972-1975? It stared David Carradine as "Kwai Chang Caine." There was a famous line that was always used by the Shaolin master, Master Poe, to his student, Kwai Chang Caine: "Choose wisely, grasshopper." I pass this same choice to you.

Shalom

No comments: